This session started out with Gary Katz of Marketing Operations Partners running through A LOT of content somewhat quickly.
I didnt write down much of what he said, but I did get his “Top 10” style list
You know your marketing resources are at risk…..
- Your metrics for success are ill-defined
- People are slammed
- Institutional memory is leaking
- Creativity is suffering from constipation
- Team & supplier relationships are dysfunctional
- Decision making ….(ok so I didnt get them all)
- Marketing portfolio is lacking
Next up was Gary Angel of Semphonic and Nancy Abila of O’Reilly.
They talked about the process and used O’Reilly as the example.
Much of the presentation was them talking over slides (go figure, I know) and explaining the ups and downs and the process they went through to move O’Reilly more towards an Analytical Company. They went over the process of getting buy-in from stakeholders, C-Levels, and everyone else. As this is the Lite version, I have included some of what I wrote down below:
Some of the Challenges they highlighted include:
- Data integrity
- Resources (busy teams)
- Evolving online strategy
- Changing tools and platforms
What does the Future hold?
- Continue building the foundation
- Longer term – continue to educate, process of road map project, and create culture of actionable analytics