Well I logged into my email tonight and found a Seesmic invitation code. I have put my initial thoughts down here and will follow with a better and more in depth review in the coming weeks hopefully.
- Register section is all flash and doesnt seem to let me copy and paste my invitation code. Quite annoying.
- Why do services make you register and then login? Are you just checking? If you dont require me to verify who I am via an email link this just becomes a stupid step.
- Login failed… tried on a different screen and it worked. Huh?
- 10 languages supported – nice. Since my Spanish and German arent all that great – Im sticking with English.
- When messing with your settings you can use your camera and get a quick snapshot. I wonder how many people are mad that they cant use their 10 year old Glamour shot they have?
- So great – I entered some info and I see what is around but now what? I saw someone with a video title of “3rd attempt to capture and send”. No help/directions? I personally dont like to read them but a few “hints” would be nice.
- And well – my digital video cam doesnt seem to want to play nice and it makes me wonder what others are using. I will have to do some digging and work on my camera and my set up and try again.
- Finding shows of interest seems to be hard as well. They have a Shows Tab and from a person’s video I can see their followers, but no search functionality. How can I find people/topics that interest me? What if I want to find supporters of a given candidate or people that are cheering for the same Idol
Well that is all I have. Its late and Im not in the mood to watch people I have no interest in tonight. Ill come back soon and try it out some more and let you all know what I like/dont like.