If you are in the Chicagoland area and wouldnt mind being entertained AND helping people this Thursday please check out the Bristol Gang Variety Show 3.0 at the Gorton Center, 400 East Illinois, Lake Forest IL. The show is on August 5th @ 8 PM.
Just like last year the best Chicago Toys 4 Tots fundraiser is at The Piano Man in Wrigleyville. Bring a toy and help a child and then enjoy a beverage with a friend or three!
So I have given in and am writing a post that has a number and some list in it – forgive me this one time. This post is in thanks to @aplusk and others that constantly ask questions on Twitter.
You can use Twitter for any number of things but I thought I would just highlight a few of them. So with out further delay, here are some different ways people use Twitter.
- Movie Titles – yes this just did happen http://twitter.com/aplusk/status/1182313837
- Vote Requests – @thejessicadrake & Semmys
- Finding New Pickup Lines – #nerdpickuplines
- Doing quick polls/research – Polldaddy or just doing a search on a hash tag and counting (what I tend to do)
- Charity – @tweeterism
- Social Media – asking for stumbles, diggs or other social media pushes
- Where to eat/go when you are traveling? – When in a new city just ask Twitter – where’s the food at?
- Need a presentation? Ask Twitter. – It worked for @chriswinfield (and I did help him – you’re welcome Chris :D )
- Send Money – I found Twippr the other day and I’m not sure about if it is legit or works but it is an interesting idea.
- Blocking Shaq – “@livejamie This 6’0″ person wants to block @THE_REAL_SHAQ on Twitter, just for the pure symbolism of it.”
So that is all I have for now but I know you can (and I could if I tried) to think of more. What is your fave?
It’s that time of year again! When we invite all of our friends for some good fun, good people and free booze!
Bring a new unwrapped toy for Toys For Tots and we take care of the rest.
Saturday Dec 6th 2008.
3801 N Clark, Chicago
Map: Click me for Google Map
Kiddie Party Details:
3:00pm Party Starts
3:30pm Mr & Mrs Claus Arrive
4:00pm Pizza, Chips & Pop served (for my Autism community friends we will have some GFCF choices)
4:30pm Games, prizes
5:00pm Magic Show (Not to be missed)
6:00pm Kiddies Go Home with goodie bags
Of course if you can find a sitter for later in the evening, we’d love to have you back for the rest of the shindig.
Big Kids Party from 7pm-3am includes Live Music, Food, Drinks and Fun.
Just about every year I attend a Toys for Tots party put on by some friends and thought I would plug it here. For those in the Chicago area take a read and if you can come down and join us.
Big Kids for Little Kids will be hosting the 11th annual Toys For Tots charity event on December 1, 2007. This event’s mission, in conjunction with the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program, is to collect new, unwrapped toys during each year and distribute those toys as Christmas gifts to needy children in the community in which the campaign is conducted.