So NBC has the big game this year and similar to what they do with their Sunday Night Football games they will be streaming the Super Bowl live. Other than ESPN I cant honestly say I know of any other network doing live sports events online.
And since my initial review of Sunday Night Football being streamed live on NBC they have continued to improve the UI (even if just slightly) and the performance. So as long as no one is streaming from Netflix, Hulu or trying to watch 5 hours of Adriana Lima you should be fine with NBC’s stream.
So to you NBC I say Kudos and Thanks! Now all of you other networks please start streaming more sporting events as well. And if you happen to be out and about during the game (perhaps out on a beer or chip run) check out the Super Bowl on your mobile device.
So I randomly said something on Twitter tonight and actually got a response: people agreed and said that the tactic was past its prime.
Inspiration for this comes from @kristy, @msaleem, and @monicawright
Well I have 2 words for you: Its not dead just yet. Okay, that was a few more, deal with it. So without further ado, I present a random off the cuff Top 10 list.
- Bulls – Ever since MJ left they have been one.
- Italian Beef – They cant be that good for your heart, especially in the quantity of them that we eat here. I do have to admit, they are very very good.
- Blackhawks – Another year, another Chicago sports team doing their thing. Notice a trend with the sports teams here yet?
- Wisconsin – They have cheese and more cheese and are just 40 miles away. Cheese does the heart good!!
- Da Bears – Can we get a QB in the house please? Cutler, you looked good so far so that is a start. Keep it up and stay healthy will you?
- Pizza – Deep Dish Chicago Style FTW. If you have ever had some, you know what I am talking about.
- Summer – To think that it is the end of August and we still have yet to have a full week of Summer weather.
- Politics – As the mayor of Chicago sells off the city, Springfield is 3 for their last 4 (Im pretty certain) in sending Governors to jail.
- Six Flags – If they go bankrupt and close Six Flags Great America we will be forced to go to the Dells
- Cubs – Need I say more? I love them but really? Natural born heartbreakers they are.
So that is my list, what did I miss? What in (or around) Chicago breaks your heart? I admit I spent all of 5 minutes on this so forgive me on its weakness!
So I am on Youtube looking up a new band that I found thanks to @KimSherrell. The SuperBowl has just been over for some 50 minutes and Pepsi already has ads up. The ad even is giving its congrats to Pittsburgh for winning – holy fastness Batman.
The ad is nice, clean and big but um, who is Will Arnett?? I had to look him up to figure it out. Was he even in one of their ads tonight? No idea as they had a bunch and I just watched a few hours of football and ads.
Oh well – nice try with the ad guys.
I cant say that I do that many searches for tennis scores or players but I did one tonight. Im sitting here (still am watching and Federer is about to win) watching Federer play and wondered how he has been doing as of late. So I type in Federer into Google and what do I find but the score of the match I happen to be watching!
The curious person that I am, I hung around Google to see how long from the finish of the match to the time that Google would update the score. Well some 5 minutes after the match was over I got an update by Google of Federer up 4-1 in the 3rd set. This puts the data some 10-15 min behind. The final score came in some 20 minutes after the real final. So these arent “real time” scores but they arent bad.
It was another weekend of football around my house. With the Chicago Cubs going down in 3, my hope was for a good showing by my college teams and the Bears to win over the Lions. All went well for my teams – and Dave was happy.
As I wrote up my experience with Live Streaming MLB Playoffs, I started to be upset at myself for not commenting on the better NFL experience. So tonight, I am doing just that.
Sunday Night Football with John Madden and Al Michaels is a great way to wind down from the weekend for me. The problem in my house has become the number of shows on Sunday nights that everyone wants to watch. It has made it difficult for me to just sit and watch, until I found out they were streaming the Sunday Night Football games online. How awesome is that, the NFL live and online?
Unlike the attempt by TBS and MLB for having MLB Playoffs Live Online , it seems that the NFL and NBC have done everything right.
Initial Sunday Night Football View
As you can see, they give you a few views and the picture is very clear. You can follow players around, watch the broadcast, watch the cable cam, or pick the sideline cam. All give you great angles and if you dont zoom in on any one you can watch them all at the same time (not fully but you get an idea of what is going on everywhere). When in this view (or even when zoomed in) and you mouse over either the right or left sides you are given the option to switch to a different view. This again, just makes it such a smooth UI to use.